Hello there, my name is Tara Fenton. I'm an Interactive Developer based in New York City.
Growing up my favorite games were spades, putting puzzles together and finding the differences in the images in the highlights magazine.
I started in web design back when it was called multimedia. I quickly expanded into development, working extensively with actionscript over several years. I've always enjoyed the community aspect of web development. I've attended many conferences and remain active in the community.
The role that I am looking for would be a role that the daily tasks change from day to day. Where I can use my previous skill set and problem solving abilities to expand into other technologies and languages. I am looking to work with a company that treats its employees as valued contributors to their product.
lines of code
cups of coffee
▪ Created custom iPad and PC applications for high-end clients' employee training sales team. Served as lead developer for Victoria Secret, Brooks Brothers and Bath and Body Works. ▪ Worked with designer to achieve pixel-perfect designs, and worked with project manager to accurately estimate time to execute targeted deadlines. ▪ Conducted sales floor to executive-level training for high-end retail team, and troubleshot with tech team from distribution to user flow. ▪ Developed interactive tutorial-based quizzes for employees and calculated data integrated with Quizscore website. Built enhanced features of application according to requests from clients and team.
Lead Developer - from start to finish
Created a prototype of app for andriod devices.
www.lunarhillsaudio.com ▪ Determine clients needs and provide template and customization.
▪ Supported relaunch of Marvel using Zend coded in PHP. ▪ Converted AS2 digital comics reader to AS3 3.0 version using OOP, while supporting previous version of digital comics reader in AS2. ▪ Supervised interns, giving assignments and mentoring as needed.
▪ Created flash applications throughout Marvel site using AS3, animated layout designs for Marvel Kids navigation and log-in. ▪ Created custom class package to deliver video ads for games on Marvel and Marvel Kids.
▪ Created how-to tutorials for Verizon and Motorola clients using Flash. Used Photoshop to create screenshots and XML for step text.
▪ Customized XML menu integrated with Flash ActionScript, coordinating multiple files and exporting screenshots in Photoshop using actions.
www.keakellyalcock.com ▪ Determined clients' needs and worked with resources provided.
▪ Progressed within company in short period of time, assuming management of Flash elements for various projects. ▪ Utilized open source Page Flip code, contributed to admin sections of sites using PHP, and built table-less layout websites using HTML and CSS. ▪ Responsible for streaming Flash videos, Flash intros, dynamic masks and zoom scroll panes implemented into projects.
▪ Researched and implemented search engine optimization (SEO) techniques which resulted in www.uwtcallback.com ranking on top page for phrase: “international call back.” ▪ Redesigned website from start to finish for small telecommunications company.
▪ Customized template to showcase work ▪ Added send message functionality ▪ Git repo
HTML & CSS
New York, NY